TE Connectivity’s Engineering Managers provide leadership for cross functional engineering teams. They work with senior management to define technical road maps aligned with market directions and communicate across other Business Units to share applicable technology. Our Engineering Managers leverage TE global technology to increase competitive position and increased value to our customers. They identify relevant technology trends and opportunities, develop relationships and partnerships with key customers, industry leaders and core suppliers, define and manage IP strategy, assess talent and implement development plans to assure succession planning and organization capability.
The ideal candidate will lead the automation community for IND Device, manage global automation initiatives, develop and realize tools and processes for moulding, stamping and assembly. He or she will execute the 5-years automation strategy plan and adjust it according the future needs of the business.
The job holder will report solid line into the Senior Manager Operations EMEA – Industrial Device. The function will be located preferably in Waidhofen/Thaya in Austria or in Trutnov in Czech Republic which is the second option.
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities
- Develop a long-term Automation Project Roadmap together with the various engineering and departments the upper management.
- Execute the Automation Strategy Plan and adjust it to the future needs of the business.
- Develop and drive an effective global organisation to manage and execute projects in EMEA, APAC and Americas.
- Make use of common and new technologies to drive production efficiency and standardization.
- Manage and adjust global automation resources regarding main tasks, technologies and workload.
- Provide calculations for production equipment like moulds, dies and assembly machines to manufacture connectors, relays and cables
- Work out production concepts and calculations including capex, cycle times and operator ratio.
- Evaluate pro and contras for the different concepts under consideration of Value stream aspects.
- Provide decision matrix for the different concepts.
- Execute moulds, dies and assembly equipment by leveraging internal and external resources.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, Manufacturing Development Engineering, Product Engineering to assure a best in class manufacturable product design and meet product & process requirements.
- Collaborate closely with Operations to meet production and business process requirements.
- Work out a capacity plan for the different engineering groups within the automation organization.
- Design & build production equipment internal or external.
- Collaborate with purchasing to source tools and automation (technical specification, project tracking).
- Responsible for the technical functionality of the equipment.
- Provide timelines and work out strategies to reach TE and the customer time to market expectations.
- Responsible for the capex budget and timeline.
- Handover tools and manuf. equipment to Operations by supporting trainings for operators and providing the required support during the ramp up phase.
- Improve and develop concepts for production equipment and processes to drive standardization across IND Dev
- Build and drive effective cross functional teams to develop best concepts to produce our products.
- Develop manufacturing concepts to meet our TEOA requirements.
- Develop new concepts for different product groups together with the responsible engineering departments within the respective PLP of Device.
- Drive platform development and standardization (risk minimizing, cost, reuse, utilisation).
- Share & Deploy best practices and lessons learned across all functions.
- Support to Manufacturing
- Drive initiatives for plant productivity increase, automation initiative, material saving and cost reduction.
- Support Manufacturing in problem solving on tools & equipment.
- Leadership, talent and ME skill development of direct reports
- Educational Degree:
- Professional Experience:
- More than 10 years of experience in various engineering/process development assignments
- Minimum 5 years of management experience in similar positions
- Strong background in technical concepts and machines / tools
- Fluent in English and German both written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Culturally sensitive
The minimum paid salary is 60.000€