At BIOMIN we harness the power of science to support animal health and performance. By applying state-of-the-art and proprietary technology we deliver natural, sustainable and profitable solutions to the livestock industry. For over 35 years we have pioneered innovative solutions for mycotoxin risk management and gut performance. BIOMIN is part of ERBER Group.
SCIENTIST – PROJECT LEADER METABOLIC ENGINEERING (M/F)
Are you interested in leading an innovative project providing novel ingredients that support animal health and performance? Experts from different fields will work with you on a solution to strengthen animal health in an ambitious team at the international BIOMIN Research Center in Tulln, near Vienna. We use state-of-the-art techniques with modern equipment in a scientific environment supported by great team work to achieve our goal.
Are you up to the challenge?
These are your tasks and responsibilities:
- Manages and coordinates a research project involving biochemical and protein engineering
- Plans, oversees, analyzes, and documents experiments and feeding trials
- Manages worldwide industrial and academic collaborations
- Contributes to and evaluates scientific publications, patents and registration dossiers
- Conducts literature search on a wide range of technologies and participates in external scientific congresses
TO LEAVE REAL 'FOODPRINTS' WITH US YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- PhD degree (or a MSc degree and 5+ years of relevant experience) in natural sciences and proven expertise in the area of molecular biology and synthetic biology
- Experience in strain/metabolic engineering in prokaryotic or eukaryotic microorganisms and enzyme development and screening is desirable
- Experience with testing and/or biotechnological production of active ingredients is a plus
- Background in animal health or nutrition is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Project management experience and a strong skill in documentation is desirable
WHAT DO WE STAND FOR? WE ARE PIONEERS, PARTNERS AND PERFORMERS!
Your working place: world class laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment. As part of our ambitious scientific team you work together with the best on key topics of the global food chain. BIOMIN is constantly growing - since more than 35 years. This creates a lot of space for good ideas and opportunities for personal development and individual careers. Here are some more good reasons to work for us.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
- Reference Number: 528
- You will be based in Tulln (Austria)
- Your type of employment: 38.5 hours/week, full-time, permanent contract
- This position is available immediately however, we are happy to consider your notice period or your desired start date.
- Based on your classification in our ERBER Group career model, your professional experience and your qualification, we offer you an attractive total compensation package starting at € 45.000 gross p.a. (full-time incl. fix and variable components)
Are you ready to leave real 'foodprints‘ with us? We are looking forward to your online application.
Do you have any questions? Please contact:Ms Melanie ZORN, +43 2782 803 0
Or visit our website: www.biomin.net